Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In My Mailbox Rewind (2)

I wanted to thank The Story Siren for having the In My Mailbox meme.

Rewind #2

This time I'll do a few different ones.

From Walmart:


Fated by Alyson Noel
Echo by Alyson Noel
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

So these didn't deliver in from of my door but more of a purchase. I went to Walmart a week ago. I was walking around the book aisle and saw so many young adult books. These fours sounds interesting so I picked them up. Fated and Echo are the first two books of the soul seekers series. The series sound really neat since the main girl, Daire is the destined to be a Soul Seeker. Looks like there's animal spirits involve too. Next, I also picked up the first two books of the Bloodline series, Bloodlines and The Golden Lily. I'm not familiar with Richelle Mead but I heard she wrote the Vampire Academy series, which was pretty good. I probably should read the Vampire Academy series too to see how the two series relate since they are both set in the same world. From the excerpt at the back of the book, it looks like it's about Sydney, an alchemist girl and Jill, a vampire, who are roommates in a boarding schools and they'll be venturing into crazy adventures of sort. Sounds good.

From Amazon:


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
The Peculiar by Stefan Bachmann

I had some funds left from the Amazon gift card so I got these two books. Heard excellent review for Throne of Glass and been tempting to get it. It's about a female assassin venturing in a grand adventures. Just sound so awesome. As for The Peculiar, I was reading an article on the newspaper raving about how wonderful this dark steampunk YA book was and I might as well pick this up too. Also it was very cool that Stefan wrote this story when he was in high school and it got published two years later. Lastly, I really love the mechanical bird on the cover(so shiny).

From the local library:

Oh! How I love how you can borrow digital copies of books from library. It's really convenient and I don't have to worry about returning the books on time. I'm putting my kindle to good use ^O^.

Borrowed e-books:


Die For Me by Amy Plum

First book for this series..It's set in Paris..The main girl meets an angel? Hoping this will be good.


Wonder by R. J. Palacio

A middle grade book about a boy born with deformity in his face and his venture to a real school life. You get to read about his journey and the viewpoint of other. Sounds good.



The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

The Chaos Walking series was talked about by many book bloggers and book v-bloggers. They said it was good but not for the faint of heart. I was really happy when I saw it was available so I decided to try it out. Hoping it'll be fun. Just think.. A boy and his dog..living in a town of men...where he'd never seen a female girl before...his journey is gonna be crazy, dark, and scary.


The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

Borrowed book two which continues the story from the book above.


That's it for now. Till next time. ^O^



1 comment:

  1. You have to have some book blog. :-)

    I have on my Facebook page made ​​a bit to promote your blog, because I think you've read so many great books that also are interested in German blogger.

    ReplyDelete