Monday, December 10, 2012

In My Mailbox Rewind (1)


OK now for the fun part..

Since it's December 2012 now, the next series of posts will probably be the in my mailbox post. These posts will consist of books I've purchased, borrowed, received as gifts, etc. throughout this year. The funny part is that it's going to be backward and when I get to the beginning then it'll go forward. Confusing? You'll see what I mean.

These books came in today from the Black Friday Sale from BookCloseOuts. A lot of Young Adult(YA) and middle school read books:









As You Wish by Jackson Pierce
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Entwined by Heather Dixon
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey (Autographed)
The Princess Curse by Marrie Haskell
The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter

Notes: As You Wish was in paperback and everything else were hardcovers.

Why these books?

As You Wish was another twist to Aladdin. The Hunt has an interesting vampire story. Entwined was a twist to the twelve dancing princess as well as The Princess Curse. Cold Kiss has a revival of dead boyfriend gone wrong sounds interesting. The Humming Room is a twist to The Secret Garden and The Kneebone Boy because the story was interesting.

Also Jason Chan's art on the cover of The Princess Curse, The Humnming Room, and The Kneebone Boy was gorgeous so that's a plus.

The reviews for each books will be out once I finish reading them. It might be a while because I have a lot of the currently reading books to finish.

I wanted to thank The Story Siren for having this meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment