Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tempestuous by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes Review

Title: Tempestuous(Twisted Lit #1)
Authors: Kim Askew & Amy Helmes
ISBN: 9781440552649
Source: NetGallery



My Thoughts:

I was planning to write the review for this once I finish the book but work and exam sort of sidetrack me. Anyways, I finished reading Tempestuous a few weeks ago and thought it was a wonderful book. This is the first book in the Twisted Lit series. I believe each book have element of classic Shakespeare's play with a twist and each book has its own story. I have yet to read The Tempest but I think this book was able to stand on its own. It's a fun book about a rich girl who got in trouble and ended up working in a food court in the mall + locked in from snow storm + there's a dangerous robber roaming free in the mall. I really like the characters in this book. Miranda can be a bit snobbish at times but she was able to change and become a better person. Caleb was a great love interest. I do enjoy their love/hate relationship. There was another awesome couples that came together that I thought was very well created. The love story in this book was cute and interesting. It felt like I was watching a teenage romantic comedy while reading this book. The pacing was good. There were a lot of things that couldn't really happen in real life but it didn't bother me too much. I also like the twist on the identity of the robber, which makes he story engaging. Overall, Tempestuous was a fun book. Really recommend it if you would like to read something light romantic comedy with a hint of mystery. I'll definitely check out book two of the Twisted Lit series.

No comments:

Post a Comment