Friday, January 11, 2013

In My Mailbox Rewind (3)

Just a few more and then I'll be done with in my mailbox rewind. These books were bought a few months ago from Bookcloseout.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- Saw the movie trailer and I wanted to read the book. Finished it and thought that it's a really good coming of age book.

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion-I saw the movie trailer for this one too so I wanted to read it before watching the film. A zombie guy falls in love w/ a human girl. I'm done reading it so the book review will be coming soon.

Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente -I heard this was a nice twist to a Russian fairytale. It's her young adult debut too I think.

This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel-Book 1 of the Apprenticeship of Victot Frankenstein. It's a story about teenage Dr. Frankenstein and his brother and how he became the way he is. I heard that it's dark and twisted. I'm curious to see how Oppel does it.

The Devouring series: The Devouring, Soulstice, and Fearscape
I wanted to read something dark and scary so this series works for me.

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce- A retelling of Hansel & Gretel with a dark twist. I'm always in the mood of fairytales retelling.

Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi- Book 1 of the shipbreaker series. A boy who strip ships as a job meets a wealthy girl on a stranded ship. Sounds like a fun adventure is about to happen.

2 comments: