Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Madman's Daughter Review

The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've heard of The Island of Doctor Moreau and I thought The Madman's Daughter was a great twist to the story. What if Moreau has a child? What if she came to live with him in the crazy island. I thought this book was a really good start for a trilogy. Lots of unexpected secrets and plot twist going on. I like Juliet's character. Her body may be fragile but she has a strong heart and a kind soul with a little madman's blood from her father. It's unfortunate that she ended up escaping to an even more dangerous environment than before. But that was where her father and Montgomery was. The people who can protect her. Montgomery, her childhood servant boy, was a charming character and any girl would fall for for him. There were things that he had to hide from her but you can tell that he cared for her. Also there was Edward, the young man she found in the sea, who was an interesting character. He's mysterious and exude both good and evil aura. Therefore, a love triangle was form in the story and the romance begins. Lastly, Dr. Moreau is just insane. As you progress into the book, you will see how the situation become unexpected and the murderer can be anyone. The last half of the book was terrifying and exciting and the ending left me wanting more. The ending was unexpected and I'm really looking forward to see what will happen next.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment