Thursday, April 4, 2013

Eleanor & Park Review

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Really adorable story. Eleanor & Park is a cute romantic love story about two unlikely teens with their own inferior complex who comes together to create a beautiful relationship. Although it's set in the 80's, you can still feel that their story can happen in the present day. It made me reminisce about my high school days (mine was the 90's)and the teen angst that was going on. The characters were believable. I really adored Park's character. He's just a very nice, kind, and caring person. It's great to see him being able to see how much he loves Eleanor. His Korean mom was funny and his American dad was interesting too. As for Eleanor, I find that she has too much of an inferiority complex due to her physical appearance and her social status. She has a strong personality and she doesn't want to conform with the crowd which I like but she had to face many unfortunate circumstances that made me feel for her. The plot of the story was great. I like the flow of the story. Overall, Rainbow Rowell did an excellent job in this book. I'm looking forward to her next title.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment