Thursday, April 4, 2013

Being Henry David

Being Henry DavidBeing Henry David by Cal Armistead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I first thought this book was going to have supernatural elements in it but it was more realistic. It's a really good book. The mystery of who Hank was kept me reading on the whole time. The different characters(Jack, Ness, Hailey, Thomas, and etc.) in this book were great and I really like the romance in it too. I think this is the fourth YA book I read that had music involvement in it. Maybe it's popular lately. The book was fast pace in the beginning and in the middle it kind of slow down and it picked up again toward the end. Reading this book makes me want to go read Walden. There are times where you want to escape the hectic world and the idea appreciating the nature and simplicity of life is just grand. It got a bit sad toward the end and we get to see who Hank really was but The story it wrapped up really well and I really enjoyed it.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment